The personal details of over 100 million people across the US and Canada were stolen in a hack targeting financial services firm Capital One, the company has revealed. The alleged hacker was arrested after reportedly boasting about the breach online.
The US-based financial services company Capital One has revealed that the personal details of over 100 million individuals in North America have been stolen. The hacked data includes names, addresses and phone numbers of people who applied for credit card products. The US justice department says a former Seattle technology company software engineer has been arrested in connection with the breach.
made visible or vulnerable
• Be careful. These wires have been exposed. Touch them and you’ll be electrocuted.
• The trusted businessman was exposed as a fraud in the light of the evidence.
be caught up in something
become involved in, often unintentionally
• Sorry I’m late for work. I was caught up in a traffic collision and stopped to help.
• Despite getting caught up in the riot by chance, the bystander was arrested.
spoke proudly about something
• David boasted about how good his new job is all night. It was so boring.
• The government boasted that crime figures had never been so low.
Which of these can mean both ‘hit’ and ‘steal’?
For the answer, watch this on our website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-11/session-101
[Cover: Getty Images]
Learning English is easy! Improve your English with our free English videos and lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and English exams.
Please use English when you comment.
For more free English lessons and videos visit our website: http://www.bbclearningenglish.com