Blink XT Security Camera Sync Module Offline – What To Do?
Buy the Blink XT on Amazon with this link: https://amzn.to/2BNWq4R
They sell it as security camera, but it’s very hard to work with it as security camera because the ‘wireless system’ has too many trade-offs for that, but I bought it to record wildlife, so it’s somehow OK for me.
– decent video quality – also during night
– very easy to install and connect
– good, responsive and fast App
– can be installed on multiple phones
– was successful to catch wildlife footage (s. video) in the first nights – not bad
– wireless range as indicated, but expected more from a proprietary communication (with this limited range a connection module does not make much sense).
– description of wireless signal strength in App faulty (there is no communication between camera and router as far as I know or at least it would not make any sense at all)
– IR sensor activates either too late or causes countless false alerts (which ruins the battery life) based on settings, but nothing in between.
– IR sensor range very limited
– No (PC) desktop or web access
– Battery life (as most others state … I have to confirm)
– ‘stop video’ on ‘no IR detection’ does not work at all
– no real ‘manual’ apart from quick user guide and some FAQ on website
WEATHERPROOF FOR OUTDOOR OR INDOOR USE: Place and move your wireless Blink camera anywhere around your home both inside and out. Start off with a small system and expand to up to 10 cameras on one Blink Sync Module
MOTION DETECTOR: Built-in motion sensor alarm, when motion detector is triggered, Wi-Fi cameras will send an alert to your smartphone and record a short clip of the event to the cloud
BATTERY POWERED SECURITY SYSTEM: Wireless home camera with 2-year battery life, powered by 2 AA Lithium batteries (included), data is sent from IP cameras over Wi-Fi
SMART HOME VIDEO SECURITY WITH HD VIDEO: Simple self-install home monitoring in minutes; easy to control wireless cameras with the free Blink Home Monitor iOS or Android app (Requires iOS 10.3 or Android 5 Lollipop or higher)
FREE CLOUD STORAGE: Totally wire-free, with no monthly fees or service contract required
Field of view
110 degrees diagonal
Camera diameter (71 mm), camera thickness (34 mm), overall height (71 mm)
Immedia Proprietary – ISI108, 4 / 100Mhz.
Camera Battery: 2 1.5 volt AA lithium batteries. Sync Module Power: 100-200V AC to 5V DC converter included.
Two AA Lithium batteries last up to two years, based on 4,000 five-second events per year (or 40,000 total seconds of video recording, including Live View usage). Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage, and environmental factors. Actual results may vary.
Single-antenna Wi-Fi with diversity. Supports public and private Wi-Fi networks that use the 2.4 Ghz 802.11g/n; does not support connecting to ad-hoc (or peer-to-peer) Wi-Fi networks.
Smart phone requirements
iOS or Android
The Blink Home Monitor App is compatible with Android and iOS devices in the US.
Included in the box
Blink XT Camera (dependent on quantity selected), Mounting Kit (1 per camera), AA Lithium Batteries (2 per camera), Quick Start Guide (1), Sync Module (1), USB Cable (1), and Power Adapter (1).
1st generation – 2017 release
Up to 1080p Full HD Resolution
Up to 30 frames per second
Micro USB (optional for power). Camera no longer weatherproof when USB cover is open.
One-way audio recording
One blue LED to help you know when it’s on (optional).
1-year limited warranty and service included. Use of Blink cameras is subject to the terms found here.
Click here to view more information on the Blink XT support page.
Disclosure: some of the links provided my include affiliate links and if you use them, it will show your appreciation to my channel and my work and pays for my equipment and help my channel grow – which will again help you. There is absolutely NO disadvantage for you and you will pay absolutely same price as without this link. Thank you for supporting my channel!
Disclaimer: The information provided on this video is for general purposes only based on my personal experience and are my very personal oppinion, trying to help other people and should not be considered as professional advice in any kind. I am not a licensed professional so make sure to consult with your professional consultant in case you need to.
This is my NEW Page on Amazon where you can find all my FAVORITE products:
Thanks for supporting my channel to keep it alive!
We want to work for you