An Introduction to Cybersecurity Careers
Developed for grades K-12, this module explains the cybersecurity skills shortage and encourages students to pursue a career in this growing field. It tackles industry stigmas and stereotypes head-on by outlining what cybersecurity professionals do, and the wide-variety of roles they can fill.
The module also includes tips to help students prepare for a career in the field, including taking online courses, finding a mentor and participating in competitions like the Global Cyber Olympics.
SecurityIQ education clients can share this module — along with three other security awareness modules for students — with K-12 learners at no cost.
Sign up for SecurityIQ and get unlimited K-12 learner access: https://www2.infosecinstitute.com/l/12882/2018-10-03/94w426
MORE ON INFOSEC INSTITUTE
Recognized as a 2018 Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for Security Awareness Computer-Based Training, InfoSec Institute fortifies organizations of all sizes against security threats with its award-winning security education solutions.
Recognizing that cybersecurity is everyone’s job, the company provides skills training and certification prep courses for security professionals while building the entire workforce’s security aptitude through awareness training and phishing simulations. InfoSec Institute is a Training Industry “Top 20 IT Training Company” and the Security Training & Education Program Gold Winner in Info Security Products Guide’s Global Excellence Awards.
Additional information can be found here:
– SecurityIQ awareness and anti-phishing platform: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityiq/
– InfoSec training and certification: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/flex
– InfoSec training and certification features: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/flex/pro/
– InfoSec training and certification guarantees: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/flex/guarantees/
– 100+ training and certification courses: https://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses
We want to work for you